OCD Conundrum

Friday, June 5, 2009


As my son would say, "It's a TRUE KNOWN FACT that..." there is an average of eight spider legs in every candy bar.
Yes, it must be a true fact because I heard it on TV the other day. Well, I of course, cannot stop thinking about this. What I want to know is where are all the bodies? Is there a serial spider killer out there somewhere... hiding the evidence in candy bars? And if so, where does he hide the bodies? Or even worse - if one spider has eight legs, does that mean there is a WHOLE SPIDER in every candy bar?

For some reason I can stomach thinking about eating spider legs (for the record- I haven't eaten a candy bar since I heard this) but eating a spider body! YUCKY!!

My mind just keeps going around and around on this issue. I just can't stop thinking about it. But, what's worse is that it pops up at the wrong times... for instance, just as I am about to drift off to sleep I think about a snickers bar and those eight little spider legs hidden amongst the peanuts and all that caramely goodness. Then I start thinking about spiders crawling around the chocolate bar factory, then about the ones living out on the deck, then about the ones living in our walls, then I am convinced I feel one on my leg! Then I throw off the covers and wake Kenneth up. But, mostly I am terrified of dreaming of spiders.

Sweet Dreams...

7 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Gotta love facts like this... now where is my chocolate?

Cleveland Mission said...

Thanks for pointing that out. Yuck! Just think about how much that will help with the sticking to a diet.

Amy Bartlett said...

You are so funny Wendy! I miss you! Good luck with those dreams and the chocolate!

Tracy said...

I can't stop laughing at the image of you waking up Ken to tell him (for the 100th time, I'm sure) about the spider legs. Thanks for cheering me up and keeping me off candy for at least a while!

bluestocking23 said...

LOL. Thank you for curbing my chocolate craving for the day. You crack me up...and yes, I totally get this!

Soozcat said...

What I want to know is... who determines these things? What crazed health inspector is going around demolishing candy bars for the sole purpose of identifying arachnid remnants?

Wendy Jean said...

It may be time to revisit this issues. I think about this ALL THE TIME. Exactly, who is performing these candy bar autopsies?

Post a Comment