A Totally Awsumb Nerf Birthday Bash!

Friday, October 4, 2013


Kenneth and I had a special surprise planned for Awsumb's birthday this year.  But it became clear we would have to throw a decoy party so Awsumb wouldn't know something was up.  I came up with most everything from things I already had.  We did buy a few more Nerf darts and the bandanas and lanyards to make License to Nerf badges.  other than that we didn't really spend any $.  Awsumb invited 24 kids with instructions to bring their own Nerf. What I didn't realize is that the kids would come with duffle bags full of Nerf weapons and ammo!  It was crazy!  But one of our best parties yet!


I set out baskets of ammo and bandanas so the kids could TEAM UP!
 
 
Then I told the kids the rules.  Basically they couldn't shoot me, even if I was armed and shooting at them. They signed the back of their ID's put a finger print on the front and filled their pockets with ammo.
 
Lanyards and Badge holders can be found for a good deal in bulk on Amazon.com
 
 
Snacks!


Let the Wild Rumpus BEGIN!
 
The kids managed their own Nerf game and ended up playing some sort of humans versus zombies or whatever. They roamed all over the clubhouse grounds which includes tons of trees, bushes and old fall out shelter and played until dark.

 
OUCH! That hurt and that blur - a hatchet!

 
Awsumb asked me to plan official games. So I found some ideas online.  This kept the boys busy while we set up pizza and cupcakes.
 
Sunkist Slingshot (Yes, I let Awsumb drink most of those! just to make this game)

 
Target Shoot with NERF Dart Tag (Velcro darts)


Disc Throw with some Frisbees we had laying around from last Halloween
 
 
 
Thanks for the cool gifts everyone!  Awsumb will never need to buy another Nerf gun again!


It's all fun and games, until you have to pick up the darts!


2 comments:

Soozcat said...

That was Nerftastic!

Wendy Jean said...

Thanks Sooz! I say I did pretty good for a last minute practically free party!

Post a Comment