Totally Awsumb Disney

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

We made the decision to send Awsumb on our little Spring Break trip solo.  After all sitting around all week worrying about me and my recovery wouldn't be much fun for him.  I also really needed to rest.  So we made some calls and prepared to send him on his way.  That's right, his first solo flight. I was a bit nervous for him, but he felt pretty confident.

To our surprise Southwest Airlines considered and up an adult.  SO he really was on his own.  There was a stop in San Jose, no plane change, but a stop and I was texting with him the entire time he was on the ground!  He did great and I send a new little friend along for him to find in his backpack.

(Pickles)

Auntie and Uncle were at the John Wayne Airport waiting for him at the gate and I am sure he was thrilled to see them!  After a couple days with the Allen's he met up with some old friends at Disneyland.  The Erickson's moved to Minnesota a few years back.  Awsumb makes friends easily, but has also considered Caleb to be his best friend.  I was so sad to miss catching up with Kimberly.  But thankful she was willing to spend a few days with him so he could take his mind off things!

Here are a few fun pictures from his trip....

(coming soon)


0 comments:

Post a Comment