It's A Love Story

Friday, April 30, 2010

Once upon a time, when I was young, I dreamt of the day I would be rescued from the Wicked Witch of the West by my Knight in Shining Armor, who would sweep me up, onto his white horse and carry me away into the sunset. Instead I was rescued by a nerd in a white Mazda with no air conditioning! Seriously, who lives in Utah and buys a car with no air conditioning? A nerd car shopping in the winter that's who!

Kenneth wasn't the man of my dreams, but I knew he would take care of me, my father approved and I married him. And as Kenneth likes to say, about 10 years later I finally fell in love.

May 16th will be 15 years since that rainy day we were day we were married. Since then we have been through a divorce (my parents), a 1600 mile move (Salt Lake City to Seattle), the death of most of our grandparents, a successful birth, a major home remodel, all weaved together with a great deal of pain and happiness.

The fairy tales of my childhood all ended with the marriage. But that's really when the story just begins. And 15 years later we've introduced the characters, set up the plot and this story is just getting good! Will it be "Happily Ever After"? Who knows, but at least it will be FOREVER!

It's A Love Story - Taylor Swift
I hate country music, but this is pretty cute...



John Schmidt - Love Story meets Viva La Vida



Anita Renfro - Love Story
This is a great spoof of Taylor Swifts Love Story



Franny's Dream -Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner
Fanny Agnes is a "sturdy girl" hoping her Fairy Godmother will deliver a prince.. or at least the mayor's son? Instead she marries Heber Jensen, a farmer. Together they share a home filled with babies, laughter, and love. By the time Fannny's Fairy Godmother arrives Fanny realized she has found her very own Happily Ever After!

I sent this book to my baby sister for one of her anniversaries. I recommend this book for girls of all ages! Because happily ever is usually realized after it's lived.

And if that's not enough reality for you.. read my blog about Fallen Princesses to see one artists version of not so Happily Ever After...

0 comments:

Post a Comment