Sesame Pork Ribs

Tuesday, May 4, 2010


I have to give credit where credit is due. I have shared this easy crockpot recipe many times. This recipe is from one of my best friends, Anais. Thanks for such a yummy recipe! Apparently my sister just posted it on her gluten free blog.

1 medium onion, sliced
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c soy sauce
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c honey
2 Tbsp cider or white vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
5 lbs country style pork ribs
2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
2 Tbsp chopped green onions

Place onions in bottom of slow cooker. In a large bowl combine sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Add ribs and turn to coat. Place ribs on top of onions in slow cooker. Pour sauce over meat. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.

Place ribs on serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over rice.

I have cut back on the ketchup and sugar and even made this with boneless porkchops. Don't forget to toast the sesame seeds. This photo is from my sister and it doens't look like she did. It makes a big difference!

0 comments:

Post a Comment