It Takes A Family

Sunday, March 15, 2009



Over the past decade the catch phrase "it's takes a village..." seems to have become a standard attitude. While community plays a vital role in our lives (a blog I will share for another day), there is no village or community without families. It takes a family to create a loving home for a child to grow in a comforting, encouraging environment where he or she can form secure attachments and roots. A properly attached child will then be prepared to serve and become part of the continuum of community.

A family consisting of a Mother and Father is the basis each child of God deserves to give him or her the best chance for success. This involves more that simply naming one parent Mother and the other Father. A Mother should be loving and kind. A Father should be a strong example of steadfastness. Each parent offers direction to a child that one parent cannot give alone.


These complete families provide the best environment for raising children, but they also are the best equipped to help other people around them.

It doesn't just take a village, it takes a village full of FAMILIES!

Other blogs and rants to come about being a homemaker, decorating, organizing (just throw it out already!), building up our community (get involved and for pete's sake VOTE!), the "break down of the family," attachment parenting, allowance and "chores", education, living with OCD, book reviews, and much, much MORE!

8 comments:

Colette said...

Hi Wendy,

I am excited to be the first to comment on your blog. How exciting! Some day I'll do one too, but for now I'll enjoy 'stalking' everyone else's.

I love what you said in your post about how raising a child requires a village of 'families' - so true and insightful.
Have a great week! - Colette

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Yea! Happy to see your blog. :)

There is a new primary song this year called, "God Gave Us Families"...if you haven't heard it or read the words, go do it!

Mickie Ann said...

Hello Wendy,
I like your comment about "it takes a famiy" such a true statement in this falling world!! Your picture is darling we need a copy! To update our picture frame of all the family. You are added to my blog, so I'll see all your update! Miss you all lots. Lots of Love!

Amy Bartlett said...

I am so glad you started a blog! This is great and I look forward to reading more!

Shilo said...

Hahaha, wondered when you would join the rest of us...
Looking forward to more!

Wendy Jean said...

Thanks for the comments and music sugestions. Before the dawn of blogs I thought about having a page on my website for rants and raves. I finally decided to just put them out there.

Tracy said...

I need a post about organizing for small spaces. I love the "throw it out already!" That is my motto, too, but now that I have the preschool I'm starting to save...it is so annoying in my small condo. I look forward to following the blog!

Wendy Jean said...

About the family photo... People have been asking. So, for the record... Awsumb is standing on a stool and I am wearing boots! So the picture is arranged nicely, but it does not show our true heights and Awsumb is still a little short for his age.

Post a Comment