The run-on sentence blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let's just get this out there! I know everything I say comes out in one long run-on sentence. I have always been that way. I can't control it. I just have to say what I'm thinking... and my thoughts usually bubble up faster that I can organize them into proper sentences. My psychiatrist told me that is a common problem for those who suffer from OCD. So let's just rename this blog right here and now The Run-on Sentence Blog! Or how about the Comma Splice Blog. The ... blog would be a good one too!

Where did Wendy's Soapbox come from anyway? Well, years ago a friend of ours noticed that I often seemed to pull out my imaginary soapbox to lecture people. The thing is the soapbox wasn't so imaginary. This friend actually has video of me standing on top of a stool lecturing people! That's NOT a video you are going to see here. So, forgive me when I pull out my little soap box and lecture. When I feel passionate about something I just have to get it out there!

So, how about I write about my day in one sentence!

"She talked to people all day, but when she came home realized she had not really talked to anyone all day."

Can you write about your day in one sentence? Here is some inspiration.

3 comments:

Shilo said...

Love that sentence, love it!!!!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I love Wendy's soap box! :) You crack me up.

Okay, my sentence...

I spent the day decluttering my house and my life but not my diet!

Kenneth said...

"When she got home, she told me everything that happened to her all day."

Post a Comment