Sillouette Art

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Awsumb Kenneth Hardy - May 2010

Kerry Cook sillouette artist visited my sons school recently. A true sillouette artist simply looks and cuts, using no shadow or tracing. I LOVE sillouette art as it is so classic. Freehand cut sillouettes are really a lost art. I think this artist did a wonderful job at capturing my little boy. If you have the opportunity to have your child sit for a sillouette artist don't miss out!


Jennie Elizabeth Awsumb 1940

I believe my Great Uncle Kenneth Awsumb, who recently passed away may have cut this sillouette of my Grandmother. Kenneth Awsumb was well known for his handmade greeting cards, which we looked forward to every Christmas. Even if he was not the one who created this image of my Grandmother, I know he would appreciate the art!

0 comments:

Post a Comment