Eloise

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I have always been a hotel snob and prefer to stay at The Marriott. We were once stuck in a snow storm and on the way home from Utah.  Snoqualmie Pass was closed and because there wasn't a hotel suitable for me in Ellensburg we drove back to Yakima to find a Marriott. There was no Marriott and I cried all night as we were forced to stay at the Red Lion.  I have major hotel issues, related to my OCD I'm sure.. but that's for another blog. Ooooooooooooooo I abslutely love The Marriott.

A couple years ago we had hardwood floors installed and checked into the Marriott just a mile or so from our house. After all the work was complete on our big kitchen remodel, we found ourselves there again.  Awsumb regularly asks when we can stay at that particular Marriott again!

Recently after a long trip to California and a week at our favorite Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, Awsumb has been asking if we can live there.  Then I remembered ELOISE!  Eloise is a classic picture book from the 50's.  Eloise lives at the Plaza Hotel in New York City and is six years old.  She is adorable  and precocious.  Her imagination keeps her out of trouble and causes trouble at the same time. The black, white and pink illlustrations aresimple and fresh.

So I put Eloise on hold at the library and read it to Awsumb a few days ago. He laughed so hard he nearly peed his pants.  Kenneth overheard our fun and just had to join in.  Our favorite lines in the book quickly became family catch phrases.
If you haven't introduced your kids to Eloise get Eloise: The Absolutely Essential 50th Anniversary Edition.  Both boys and girls will love this classic!

1 comments:

Kenneth said...

"CHARGE IT!!!"

Post a Comment