Ironing Party!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009


Years ago I actually used to love ironing. Maybe because it was so repetative or something... I don't know what it was exactly, but it was a task that I didn't mind. I always try to make everything fun. So, I would make an evening out of it and watch something I had saved on the DVR or a movie. I didn't every really have an "ironing pile" because I mostly did things as I put laundry away... often donning my super cute laundry fairy costume!

Then, sometime around the end of my pregnancy I was ironing a shirt, real quick for Kenneth and burned my tummy... HOT steam... yeah, that one hurt! After the baby came... Well, there are a lot of things you can do with a baby in a sling, but ironing is not one of them! And eight years later I find myself out of the habit and dreading the task.

So that's why I am throwing an ironing party.
And your invited!
My house.
Wednesday, December 2nd.
B.Y.O.B. (bring your own board! LOL!)


A few laundry tips for you...

Pull things out of the dryer while they are still just a bit damp... works great! Thanks Martha Stewart for that one! Martha also taught me (yes, me personally during my tutelage with her every afternoon during the early years of my marriage) that using an ironing board with a thick pad makes your work much easier!

Do you have trouble ironing around the buttons? Flip the shirt over and iron on a thick pad or towel and the buttons will nest into the padding. For items that are really wrinkly (also works on static items) put them back in the dryer with a wet washcloth and a dryer sheet for a few minutes.

Don't get steamed! Get pressed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment