This is your life...

Monday, November 29, 2010

I have been married to Kenneth for 15 years and I don't know what his birthday is. Yes, I know, I have it written down in my old fashioned Franklin Day Planner and often have to flip to it in a panic on the odd phone call with the cable or credit card companies as I try to verify that I know his birthday and social security number.  It's not that I'm stuck up (O.K. I am just a little bit) and don't care about when his birthday is. It's that we always celebrate it the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  And his brother has a birthday the day before or after or something... so I just always get confused whether Kenneth is the 27th or 31st or even if the month of November has a 31st  (I'm also a little bit blonde!).

So this year after we were stuffed with a big dinner and a giant chocolate cake (which may have been laced with Rickies!) we all became quite silly. Which led to many jokes about the King of the Nerds that aren't even worth retelling as they didn't even make sense... but we all spent a good hour or so laughing to hard we had belly aches... and finally I Googled to find out what really happened on the day Kenneth was born...

Kenneth D. Hardy
On the day you were born
November 29, 1972
 Nolan Bushnell (co-founder of Atari) releases Pong,
the first commercially successful video game,
in Andy Capp’s Tavern in Sunnyvale, California.

How fitting to know this was the day our little computer nerd was born!

Video Games have come a long way baby... and so have you!

Happy Birthday! 

I love you... well, just a little bit anyway!

WIRED magazine says
Pong is the game any drunk can play!
(To play PONG click here!)

2 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

I should also thank Kenneth. Because although he was born a total tech geek, he has never played excessive amounts of video games. Not that I ever said anything ... Because as we all know I can be demanding (just a little bit).

Kenneth usually chooses to play during early morning hours when he is the only one awake or with our son on a day off school. Kenneth realized that playing video games to the neglect of family and friends would not make HIM, his family or friends happy.

Thanks for being a responsible example to our young boy!

Soozcat said...

Happy birthday, Kenneth!

Did you know Nolan Bushnell was a Mormon? (Though, alas, he is no longer active.) He also founded Chuck E. Cheese's... probably not his finest hour.

Post a Comment