TOO MANY TOYS!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

That's it - we have reached our limit.
Awsumb has TOO MANY TOYS!
And there is absolutely not ONE THING
I can think of that he wants for Christmas.

And although Awsumb is conscious of growing up, I know he really wants to be a kid and believe in all the magical mysteries of childhood.  Do you remember being that age?   When you begin to learn the truth about the world around you. Not just Santa, but everything... yet something inside you makes you want to keep believing...

So what does Santa bring for the little boy that has everything?  That would still be super exciting, memorable and something that would just WOW my little bookworm?
An ENTIRE bookcase FULL of BOOKS!  That's right.  This year Santa will be leaving a full bookcase stacked with books in front of our tree.  I know he will love it and I can already imagine his face... the excitement and wonder...  Whether it's how did Santa get that down our fireplace or where did Mom and Dad hide this - I don't care!  I just know my little guy will remember this Christmas forever.  This little guy has been carrying books around, tucked under his little arm since he was a baby. He never ripped or ruined books, but carfully turned the pages one by one.  We often find him alseep covered in books.  Awsumb simply loves to read.

I have already been stashing books away.  I hope to fill it with classics, childhood favorites and books that maybe he isn't even ready to read just yet. This will be the gift that keeps on giving... a library full of exciting adventures!

So, if Awsumb is on your gift list this year... my plea to you is - help Santa fill the bookcase!  Awsumb has his own wishlist at Amazon.com and if you need any other ideas about what he already has or wants ask Kenneth or myself.  Santa will place your wrapped and labeled book on the bookshelf for him to discover on Christmas morning.  Don't forget to write him a message in the front of your selection!

(Awsumb Kenneth Hardy Wish List at Amazon.com  Look at the left hand side there is 3 wish lists - Books, Classics, Toys and Games)

2 comments:

J and T plus Three said...

WENDY! I LOVE that idea!!! All of my kids are big time readers too and it is so expensive to buy books all the time. We already got them 25.00 gift cards to Boarders but a whole bookcase full of books??? That is such a fantastic idea! Lucky Awsumb!!!

Shilo said...

Sounds great!!!
I bet he'll love it!

Post a Comment