Totally Awesome Kids Birthday Parties

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When your Awsumb it's easy to throw Totally Awesome Kids Birthday Parties.  I usually get excited to start planning my son's birthday parties when I attend my best girlfriend's parties in May. This gives me about six months to hide the expense so my husband thinks my parties are inexpensive!  I prefer to avoid large party venues, as I think they are impersonal, loud, chaotic and well, I just like that picture of all the kids lined up on the couch.
I don't understand why some people get all stressed about planning a party. Sure some of us like to go all out, but that doesn't mean you have to. A you really need are a few balloons, cake, friends and it's a PARTY! As a child I remember meeting a little boy on a camping trip and attending an impromptu party, pretty much consisting of a 2-pack of Hostess Cupcakes and a cool climbing tree - it was great!
You don't even have to pick a theme as long as there is an activity for the kids and especially if you have  a cool backyard or host it at your favorite park.  Unfortunately my sons birthday is in October, we live in the northwest and it is always rainy weather. So, we don't get to take advantage of the backyard or local park.
A good suggestion is to invite only the number of kids of your child's age... I have trouble with this because I don't want to leave anyone out. Plus, I am always so excited about my plans I want to share them with everyone.  But it's a great way to lower any stress in your party planning.
As a general rule 3 Party Games is plenty.. then just let the kids run around, play the games again or make up their own games. My son attended a spectacular Army party... the floor was covered in those little plastic army guys and although the training course and shooting activities were a lot of fun the kids could have just played with those little green army guys all day!

In my next few blogs I will share some of the simple party ideas I have used for my son...
Click on the themes below to see
Totally Awsumb Kids Parties!

Fisher Price Little People

Bob The Builder

Spider-man and Friends

Hot Wheels

Baseball Bash at Safeco Field

Lego Knights

Lego Star Wars

Pirates Pool Party


Indiana Jones Adventure

Check back in the following weeks for party ideas that I hope will inspire you!

What was your favorite birthday party?

0 comments:

Post a Comment