Oh, what do you do in the summer time?

Friday, August 14, 2009

When all the skies are blue?

The real words say, "when all the world is green."  But you know me, I always sing the wrong words to the wrong tune! And living here in the northwest summer means blue skies (well, most days?! It's pouring rain out this week).

I love this photo of Awsumb I recently had taken at a cheap portrait studio in the mall. This is exactly how you will find him around the house, and I will always remember him like this. When he is all grown up I will still put this picture up in the summer time. And yes, that is a real book that he owns and is reading this summer. (The Little Indian in the Cupboard)

A friend of mine recently noticed I often have photos taken of Awsumb with his toys or belongings. I started doing this after one of the first times I had taken Awsumb into some cheap portrait studio for baby pictures. The photographer handed him a dusty teddy bear to hold in the picture. Yuck!

Around the same time I had read a how to book on photography. The author suggested taking portraits of your child with prized possessions such as instruments, etc. At 6 months Awsumb was not yet an accomplished violin or trumpet player, but he did have a growing collection of stuffed animals and later small toys were his prized possessions.

So that's my parenting tip of the day. Next time you go into a studio for pictures grab something to take you with.  Like most portraits I have done this was a last minute grab and captured a moment in time that I will always treasure.

What pictures of your children do you treasure?

3 comments:

The Kidd Family said...

What a great Idea! Love the picture of cute Awsumb!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

we do that too. :) Brennan recently had his picture taken holding a rock climbing rope and wearing his shoes and harness. When Dallin was a baby, we had picture taken with his favorite stuffed animals. He still has those same animals today. Those are two of my favorites.

Wendy Jean said...

A friend of mine has a little boy who went through that "Thomas the Train" stage. She had his pictures done with overalls and he is clutching one of his little wooden trains - priceless!

Post a Comment