BOOKS FOR CHRISTMAS!?!?!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Because my son has TOO MANY TOYS! last month I begged everyone we knew to send books this year for Christmas. I knew my son would love it because he can never get enough books.  I began thinking about this because some of the most fun he had on his birthday was shopping for books.  So when my Uncle said he was brining a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas I decided there was no topping that gift and books it was.

Then one night while kissing Awsumb goodnight, I realized he was in major need of a new bookcase. His little bookcase was double stacked and books were overflowing onto the floor. Not to mention all the shelves he had taken over in other bookcases around the house.  And that's when I had the idea to give him a new bookcase full of new books!  Friends and family joined in on the fun. I also pulled a few series from Kenneth's collection to pass onto Awsumb.

I wrapped up all the books and then wrapped the entire bookcase.  (excuse the iphone shot, I'll update with better photos later).  We gave him three guesses.  He said, "A rocket ship, a TV, or a bunk bed!"

He loved it and was pretty suprised!  After the weekend everyone started emailing me this You Tube video...


His parents have since removed comments and keep saying, "he's only 3!"  At any age that kind of  talk is not allowed in my house.  In an attempt to redeem their child this year they made a new video of their child opening books for Christmas.

I'm so glad that my child love to read and loves books. Awsumb has been wandering around with books tucked under his arm since he was a toddler.  He never destroyed or ruined books, even as a baby... Awsumb wondered in awe over the words and illustrations as he carefully turned one page at a time.  But even more, I am glad that he is thankful for gifts of any kind. Including 45 new pairs of socks!

Maybe Kenneth will edit some video of Awsumb's reaction later. I think this will be a pretty memorable Christmas!  And one that he will use for years to come!

1 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I gave Dallin a bunch of books this year too (and some toys)and he loved them. He is in a special reading group at school and his reading has improved so much. He may not be reading at a super high level, but he loves reading now, and thats all that matters, right? Brennan is also getting into reading. Love this!

Post a Comment